Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day 20!!!! "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering." - Mark 5:34

There was a woman who had been hemorrhaging for twelve years, twelve years! Can you imagine that? The weakness it would cause? I once had a period that lasted three months and it felt like agony. Twelve years is beyond my comprehension! Yet she managed to crawl to where Jesus was. She had heard of him and knew he and he only could help her. And so he did, he took her blackened, weakened hand into his own and he healed her.

Lucado points out that no matter what our illness is, even if it's of our own making, Jesus wants us to reach out to him. Jesus wants to take our hand and make it all better. Far to often though w are to afraid or to stubborn to reach out that hand. I know I am. I am so afraid of rejection. Even from Jesus. It's an irrational fear, but it is a very strong and real fear for me. I have no clue how to overcome it, but I keep trying. Thankfully Jesus is a patient man and is willing to let me work through my issues. He also knows I love him, even if I don't believe he loves me!

No comments:

Post a Comment