Monday, March 16, 2015

Day Seven. "Jesus went into Galilee, proclaiming the good news of God." - Mark 1:14

For tonight's devotion we talk about how Jesus had to leave his home. He had to move away from everything he knew and go out and preach the Word. As Lucado says he could very easily stayed home, been a carpenter and led a nice quiet life. But he didn't do that, he did what he was created to do. I am going to use a Harry Potter quote here, probably not the first choice for a blog post about Jesus, but as Dumbledore said;
"Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right, and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort." - Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Spoken by Albus Dumbledore.

 Jesus chose what was right. It was definitely not easy and not something that everyone could or would even want to do. He was made to save us and so he did. It is up to us to accept that or reject that. And accepting that does not mean our lives will be easy peasy. Trust me, this one I live first hand. I do believe in Jesus, I do believe he died on that cross for all of our sins. I also know that every day is a struggle for me. Not because of anything God does or doesn't do for me. But because I am weak and the devil is so tricky. He knows my weakness' better then even I do and boy does he do a number on them. Some days I can fight it off easier then others. But like I said I am weak. Thankfully for all of us Jesus' wasn't weak and he did what was right, even though it was the hardest thing ever to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment